• A
  • A
  • A
  • ABC
  • ABC
  • ABC
  • А
  • А
  • А
  • А
  • А
Regular version of the site

Moscow 119017 Russia

17/1 Malaya Ordynka Str.

Tel: +7 (495) 771-32-52

E-mail: weia@hse.ru

Deputy Dean (Academic Progress in Undergraduate and Master's Programmes) Igor G. Kovalev
Deputy Dean (Finance and Administration) Denis Medvedev
Deputy Dean (Teaching and Learning and Postgraduate Programmes) Andrey Suzdaltsev
Deputy Dean for Admissions and Alumni Relations Ekaterina Entina




Why should I study at HSE?

HSE offers a wide ranging of degree and non-degree programmes in English and Russian, and the Faculty of World Economy and International Affairs is recognized as one of Russia’s leading academic institutions for training international economists and international relations specialists. Studying at HSE is a unique opportunity for international students to spend time in Moscow, one of the most dynamic and exciting cities in the world. Aside from meeting and working with fellow students in class, students will have the chance to create a lifelong network which is essential for their future careers.


My Russian skills are limited. Can I still study in the Faculty of World Economy and International Affairs?

Yes, the HSE Faculty of World Economy and International Affairs offers a number of postgraduate programmes in both English and Russian. For a description of our programmes taught in English, please click here.


I am interested in visiting the faculty. Do you hold open house events?

Yes, several times a year – in September, December and February.


What are the current tuition and fees?

Students who apply under the Quota Scheme are eligible to study at HSE without paying tuition. For those not applying under the Quota Scheme, tuition has been set at RUB 313,000 per year for the World Economy programme and RUB 246,000 per year for the programme in International Relations.


What is it like to be an international student at HSE?
For a list of frequently asked questions regarding life as an international student at HSE and in Moscow, please click here.



I am a graduate of a non-Russian university. Will my degree be recognized by HSE?

Yes, foreign educational credentials will be recognized by HSE, but they must be nostrified before a student can be admitted to the university. For more information on recognition/nostrification of foreign credentials, please click here.


What is the procedure for applying to study in the faculty as an international student?

Detailed information on application procedures can be found at HSE’s page for international students. Please note that applications to the M.A. in International Relations in Eurasia should be made electronically through the site of University of Kent in Canterbury or UCL.



What kinds of jobs do graduates of the faculty hold?

Graduates of the HSE Faculty of World Economy and International Affairs hold positions in a variety of state agencies and commercial enterprises, both in Russia and abroad. 


Does the faculty offer any career development services?

Yes, HSE maintains a university career centre that advises students on career opportunities and regularly organizes job fairs matching students with potential employers. For more information, please visit the HSE Career Centre page.