Moscow 119017 Russia
17/1 Malaya Ordynka Str.
Tel: +7 (495) 771-32-52
Sergey A. Karaganov
Deputy Dean (Academic Progress in Undergraduate and Master's Programmes)
Igor G. Kovalev
Deputy Dean (Finance and Administration)
Denis Anatolyevich Medvedev
Deputy Dean (Teaching and Learning and Postgraduate Programmes)
Deputy Dean for Admissions and Alumni Relations
The World Economy and International Affairs faculty is a research and education centre focusing on the global economy, international relations, and oriental studies. Taking an interdisciplinary approach to the subjects allows the Faculty to reflect their real-life interdependence. Economists receive basic understanding of international relations, culture, and people's value systems. International Relations specialists benefit from an introduction to economics and applied mathematics. Both groups graduate from the BA course with a good grasp of two foreign languages. Asian Studies students not only study the languages and cultures of Asia, but also the economics, politics and entrepreneurial culture of the region.
Delhi: Vij Books India, 2019.
India Quarterly. 2019. Vol. 75. No. 1. P. 1-14.
Volkova I., Сальникова Е. А., Гительман Л. М.
In bk.: Challenges and Solutions in the Russian Energy Sector. Springer, 2018. Ch. 4. P. 27-35.
Experts discussed current disagreements in the US-Russian relations, including Ukraine, issue of trade wars between the US and China and its influence on the world economy, alternative approaches to the U.S.-Russia cooperation and development of science diplomacy in the realms of the Arctic, cyber security, etc.
The round table was attended by leading international experts:
1. Sergey Karaganov – Dean of the Faculty of World Economy and International Affairs
2. Irina Kratko – Academic Supervisor, Associate Professor of International Business
3. Fyodor Lukyanov – Research Professor, Editor-in-Chief of Russia in Global Affairs
4. Alexey Portanskiy – Professor of International Economics
5. Dmitry Suslov – Deputy Director at the Centre for Comprehensive European and International Studies (CCEIS); Programme Director at Valdai Club
6. Anastasia Likhacheva – Deputy Dean for Research, Deputy Director at the Centre for Comprehensive European and International Studies (CCEIS)
7. Vasily Kashin – Head of Sector and Senior Research Fellow at the Centre for Comprehensive European and International Studies (CCEIS)
8. Vladimir Zuev - Academic Supervisor, Professor of International Economics
1. Steven Block - Academic Dean, Professor of International Economics, Director of the Program on International Development.
2. Paul Berkman - Professor of Practice in Science Diplomacy.
3. Daniel Drezner - Professor of International Politics.
4. Diana Chigas - Professor of Practice of International Negotiation and Conflict Resolution
5. Chris Miller - Assistant Professor of International History.
The event was a continuation of a series of HSE-Fletcher academic meetings serving as a marketplace for future scientific cooperation between our research communities.