Research Laboratory for Climate Change Economics invites applications for postdoctoral research positions
Research Laboratory for Climate Change Economics in Moscow, Russia, created a vacancy for researchers with a PhD degree interested in Economics of Climate Change, etc.
The general requirements for the postdoctoral fellowship positions are the following:
- Candidates must hold a recent PhD in the field of Economics, or related areas which was awarded over the last 5 years or received before starting work at HSE in a relevant field by an internationally recognized university and has been assessed by external reviewers as having the potential to pursue research that is publishable in leading peer-reviewed journals;
- Candidates should have a strong background in Economics as well as be familiar with both quantitative and qualitative research methods, ability to work in team, conduct group and individualized research, lead a team of younger scholars.
- Fluent English is an obligatory condition as research and other activities are conducted in English. Knowledge of Russian is not required;
- Relevant experience will be an asset although not required.
The position involves:
● working under the direct supervision of I.A. Makarov, Head of the Laboratory for Climate Change Economics, Head of School of World Economy at the Faculty of World Economy and International Affairs;
● participants are encouraged to pursue their own research along with working on Research Laboratory for Climate Change Economics research projects in the areas of state and corporate decarbonization, mitigation and adaptation policies, carbon pricing, international climate cooperation, energy transition, low-carbon development, climate change and inequality, etc.
● writing research papers for international peer-reviewed journals in co-authorship with the members of the Laboratory;
● participation in the events of the Laboratory and other contribution to the Laboratory’s development;
● public presentations of candidate’s own research to the academic community;
● some teaching is encouraged, though not required.
Appointments are made for one year. Postdoctoral fellows have high opportunity of renewal of the contract (no more than two times) in case of outstanding performance.
HSE University offers postdoctoral fellows a competitive salary, the standard medical insurance plan, a working space equipped with a computer and free Internet access at the University.
Applications must be submitted online. Please provide a CV, a statement of research interest and a recent research paper submitted via the online application form. At least two letters of recommendation should be sent directly to the International Faculty Recruitment Office at firstname.lastname@example.org before the application deadline. Please note that direct applications to the hiring Laboratory may not be reviewed.
Read more about the application process here.
The deadline for the applications is January 31, 2022.
For more information:
- about Postdoctoral Fellowship -Frequently Asked Questions;
- about HSE university –official web-site;
- about the Research Laboratory for Climate Change Economics– official web-site or contact Daria Serova email@example.com directly;
- about international specialists' life in Moscow -International Faculty Support.
If you have any additional questions, feel free to contact the International Faculty Recruitment Office at firstname.lastname@example.org