VI International Russian-Chinese Summer School 'The Role of Institutions in a New Architecture of Global Governance'
Faculty of World Economy and International Affairs
National Research University Higher School of Economics (Moscow)
and East China Normal University (Shanghai)
Call for applications for
The VI International Russian-Chinese Summer School
"The Role of Institutions in a New Architecture of Global Governance"
June 30 – July 7, 2016
Applications are accepted until May 22, 2016.
The VI Russian-Chinese Summer School is made possible by the support of the Alexander Gorchakov Public Diplomacy Fund.
The concept of the School
This year the VI Russian-Chinese Summer School will be devoted to multilateral cooperation within the BRICS and the role of the grouping in global political and economic governance.
Our discussions will focus on several themes:
- Political cooperation. Among other issues, the participants will analyze peace and security, global governance, and reform to international institutions.
- Economic cooperation. The students will examine trade and economic cooperation, investment and financial cooperation, in particular joint infrastructure projects (the integration of the Eurasian Economic Union and the Silk Road Economic Belt projects; new regional financial institutions including the Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank, The New BRICS Development Bank, and the pool of conditional currency reserves for BRICS member states).
- Social cooperation. The dialogue will touch upon various aspects of humanitarian cooperation in the fields of culture, education, and science and technology.
English is the working language of the School.
What we offer
During the Russian-Chinese Summer School you will be able, without leaving Moscow:
- To experience intensive training on BRICS
- To learn about Russian and Chinese views on the role of Russia and China in the changing international economic and political environment
- To interact with leading Russian and Chinese experts, specialists and researchers working on the BRICS, Russian-Chinese bilateral cooperation, and International Relations
- To practice and improve your skills in applying methodological approaches to international problems by participating in a joint project
- To develop and expand your academic and professional contacts
- To participate in Russian and Chinese cultural evenings
Following the results of the VI Russian-Chinese Summer School all the participants will receive certificates signed by representatives of the National Research University Higher School of Economics and East China Normal University.
Who may participate?
We accept applications from PhD students, graduate and undergraduate students, specializing in international economics, world politics, international relations, political science or regional studies.
If you are interested in participation in the Summer School please send the following documents to Kristina Cherniavskaia (firstname.lastname@example.org): a motivation letter, a transcript of your academic records and documents evidencing your advanced level of the English language.
In the motivation letter applicants should explain why they are interested in the topic that will be covered in the VI Russian-Chinese Summer School and describe their educational and professional background (internships, scholarships, participation in conferences additional further training, etc.)
The motivation letter should be no longer than 800 words.
There is no fee for participating in the VI Russian-Chinese Summer School. The National Research University will provide accommodation for non-residents. However, travel costs will not be covered by the University.
Have you spotted a typo?
Highlight it, click Ctrl+Enter and send us a message. Thank you for your help!
To be used only for spelling or punctuation mistakes.