VII International Russian-Chinese Summer School “Economic Instruments of Foreign Policy in the Modern World”July 6-13, 2017
The VII Russian-Chinese Summer School is organised by HSE Faculty of World Economy and International Affairs (Moscow) and East China Normal University (Shanghai). The event is supported by the Alexander Gorchakov Public Diplomacy Fund.
The concept of the School
This year the VII Russian-Chinese Summer School will be devoted to the economic tools of foreign policy, becoming increasingly important in the modern world (sanctions, official development assistance, interaction within multilateral platforms on economic issues with an emphasis on integration formats).
Our discussions will focus on several themes:
- Sanctions. International experience in implementing and avoiding sanctions;
- International economic cooperation. Trade, investment and financial cooperation at the multilateral platforms, including joint infrastructure projects (for example, "The Silk Road Economic belt" and its conjunction with the Eurasian Economic Union), as well as financial institutions (The Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank, The New Development Bank, Contingent Reserve Arrangement);
- Aid policy. Different aspects of aid policy as an instrument of foreign policy (with the focus on China's, Russia`s, the United States` aid policy and the determination of the common features in the assistance policy of donor countries and recipient countries).
Following the results of the school, participants will present the joint projects on designated areas.
English is the working language of the School.
What we offer
During the Russian-Chinese Summer School you will be able, without leaving Moscow:
- To experience intensive training on economic instrument of foreign policy
- To learn about Russian and Chinese views on the role of Russia and China in the changing international trade, investment and financial environment
- To interact with leading Russian and Chinese experts, specialists and researchers working on the Eurasian Economic Union, "The Silk Road Economic belt", International financial Institutions, and International Relations
- To practice and improve your skills in applying methodological approaches to international problems by participating in a joint project
- To develop and expand your academic and professional contacts
- To participate in Russian and Chinese cultural evenings
Following the results of the VII Russian-Chinese Summer School all the participants will receive certificates signed by representatives of the National Research University Higher School of Economics and East China Normal University.
Who may participate?
We accept applications from PhD students, graduate and undergraduate students, specializing in international economics, world politics, international relations, political science or regional studies.
To participate in the Summer School applicants should have the following documents: a motivation letter, a transcript of your academic records and documents evidencing your advanced level of the English language.
In the motivation letter applicants should explain why they are interested in the topic that will be covered in the VII Russian-Chinese Summer School and describe their educational and professional background (internships, scholarships, participation in conferences additional further training, etc.)
The motivation letter should be no longer than 800 words.
There is no fee for participating in the VII Russian-Chinese Summer School. The National Research University will provide accommodation for non-residents. However, travel costs will not be covered by the University.
How to participate?
If you are interested in participation in the Summer School, please fill online application form (http://www.wehse.ru/registration/register_20170706rc.htm)
The contact person you can address your questions to is Darya Gribkova (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Have you spotted a typo?
Highlight it, click Ctrl+Enter and send us a message. Thank you for your help!
To be used only for spelling or punctuation mistakes.